12. 9. 2023
What does workplace advisory mean?
Workplace advisory, also known as workplace consulting or workplace strategy, is a field that focuses on optimizing and improving the physical work environment to enhance employee productivity, well-being, and overall organizational effectiveness. It involves a combination of design, management, and strategic planning to create workspaces that align with an organization's goals and support its workforce.
Here are some key aspects of workplace advisory:
- Space Planning: Workplace advisors assess an organization's current space utilization and design to determine if it aligns with the company's needs. They may recommend changes in office layout, furniture, and infrastructure to better accommodate employees and workflows.
- Employee Well-being: Employee well-being is a central concern in workplace advisory. Advisors consider factors like ergonomic furniture, access to natural light, air quality, and noise levels to create a healthier and more comfortable work environment.
- Technology Integration: As technology continues to play a crucial role in modern workplaces, workplace advisors help organizations integrate technology seamlessly into their physical spaces. This includes considerations for wireless connectivity, video conferencing, and other digital tools.
- Collaboration and Communication: Workplace advisory often focuses on promoting collaboration among employees. This may involve designing collaborative spaces, meeting rooms, and common areas that encourage interaction and idea sharing.
- Flexibility: Many organizations are adopting more flexible work arrangements, such as remote work and flexible hours. Workplace advisors help organizations adapt their physical spaces to accommodate these changes, including creating spaces for remote workers who come to the office periodically.
- Cost Efficiency: Optimizing the workplace can lead to cost savings by reducing underutilized space, energy consumption, and maintenance costs. Advisors may recommend strategies to maximize the return on investment in office space.
- Change Management: Implementing changes to the workplace often requires managing the transition effectively. Workplace advisors can assist in change management efforts, helping employees adapt to new workspaces and practices.
- Sustainability: Sustainability is an increasingly important aspect of workplace advisory. Advisors may recommend eco-friendly design elements and practices to reduce an organization's environmental footprint.
- Employee Engagement: A well-designed and thoughtfully planned workplace can contribute to higher levels of employee engagement and satisfaction. This, in turn, can lead to increased productivity and retention.
- Data-Driven Decisions: Workplace advisory often relies on data and analytics to inform decisions. This can include surveys, occupancy sensors, and other tools to gather information about how spaces are used.
Overall, workplace advisory is about creating an environment that supports the organization's goals and its workforce's needs. It's a multidisciplinary field that combines elements of architecture, interior design, human resources, and business strategy to create optimal working conditions. It requires wide experience in real estate and office environment but also high level of empathy and ability to work and analyze data. To create the most suitable, innovative and functional solutions we educate our team continously, search for most up-to-date data and trends. That is why we always work with experienced colleagues working in office industry for more than 15 years and being able to identify clients’ needs easily during the process.
- Jana Vlková, Head of Workplace Advisory and Office agency